14 August 2008

hedgehog show??

So today I took Bella to the vet to get her last 2 puppy shots. The vet was so impressed with how well she can sit and lay down when asked. She was such a good girl! After she saw the vet, we had to wait at the front check-in desk for the pharmacist to bring her next month's supply of heartworm and flea/tick medicine so we were sitting next to this girl with a small kennel on her lap. I was expecting her to have a cat, but I was wrong. She had not one, but two hedgehogs! John laughed at me because my first reaction was "Bella, that looks like one of your toys you like to chew on!" (Her favorite toy is a hedgehog given to her by Nino Thomason). I think the girl thought that was kind of rude! But, I guess not too rude because she started talking to me about her hedgehogs. She was going on and on for 10 minutes about how she feeds them chicken and freeze dried bugs and how she might start breeding them. THEN...she tells me she's there because they needed a check-up before their hedgehog show this weekend. Excuse me? I said, (trying not to laugh) "what do hedgehogs do in a show?". Apparently it's like a beauty pageant for hedgehogs, with other games like crawling around in a hamster ball and knocking over stuff. WEIRD!

3 comments:

phuong said...

Did she name one of her hedgehodges Sonic? Love the blog and the pictures!

jmc said...

This story is so funny! I definitely laughed out loud! I am so glad that you gave into the peer pressure of the blogging world. Hope all is well in Boston. When are you coming to Texas again??

The Lewis Family said...

Hey Kelli!! Cute blog... We have one too:)

sethandjessicalewis.blogspot.com