I sat on the ball, listened to music, and practiced relaxing through contractions. Even if this wasn't THE day, it was getting pretty real!
Birth pool was inflated and ready to be filled. This was when it REALLY got real!
I went to the chiropractor that morning and she adjusted me a few times but things never really picked up so we headed home around lunchtime. Contractions came and went that afternoon but never turned into anything. My midwife came by that evening just to check on me and stayed close to the house just in case things picked up that night since she lives an hour away. Thankfully I had a good night's sleep that night! I had more contractions off and on the next day (July 4...Hazel's due date!) but mostly we were just bored! We cleaned the house, watched a lot of HGTV, napped, and took walks. It was so quiet without the kids home and there was no one there that needed anything from me. Who knew how boring that would be - haha!
Meanwhile, while we were bored at home, the kids were having a great time! Brian, Phuong, Michael, and Simon were in town from PA and they helped Grammy and Grandpa entertain our kids all weekend while we waited on Hazel!
Since it didn't seem like anything was happening that day either, we headed down to Arlington to eat dinner with them so we could spend some time with Brian before he flew back to PA the next day. We got snow cones on our way home (major pregnancy craving!) and stopped by my parents' house to pick up Bella since they were watching her for us when we thought H was coming the previous day. At that point, I had decided it could be another week or two before I actually went into labor, so we might as well just go on with life.
Well, I was wrong about that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment