10 September 2015

10 years

Ten years ago we made a commitment to each other. We packed up and moved to Boston and started a new life together in a new - and very different - city. We started school and work and God provided an amazing church and wonderful friends that became our family when ours was far away.

Since then we've traveled overseas, lived in 6 different houses/apartments, and made another big move back to Texas. We've become Uncle John and Aunt Kelli to our awesome nephews and then Mommy and Daddy to 3 precious little babies (and Bella!). Between the two of us we've had 8 different jobs.

We've also dealt with sickness and sadness. We've been through the loss of grandparents. We've been homesick...for both Texas and Boston. We've had arguments and we've had times of feeling very close as well as times of feeling distant. We have struggled through a miscarriage and scary ultrasound findings.

When I look back over the past 10 years, the overwhelming thing I see is God's faithfulness. He has provided money, jobs, friends, houses, healing, and churches time and time again. It hasn't often been how we would have written the story. But that's what makes it even more beautiful.

Thankfully, I can say with confidence that I don't know what the next 10 years will hold. But praise God because He does know. I pray that the same man who has been by my side through all of these moves, celebrations, tears, childbirths, and much more will be there and we will have many more memories to add to the story. And I'll try to pretend that we won't really be in our 40s in 10 years!

I love you, John. Thank you for the way you love our family and for taking your commitment to us so seriously. Happy Anniversary!




No comments: