07 January 2010

manners

i promise to teach quinn to be a true southern gentleman, even if he is going to be born in new england. among other things, this will include teaching him that you ALWAYS give up your seat on the bus/train for a woman. especially a pregnant woman.

that's what i decided today as i stood - once again - on the T and then on the bus on my commute home. i stood there, in front of all those young, healthy, non-pregnant people enjoying a nice, relaxing ride home as they sat and read their books or listened to their ipods. you would think that out of all of those men on the T and bus, one of them would have had a mother that taught them better manners than that. my son will never do that!

now that i'm done venting, it's time to do a little cleaning before i go to bed. mom and kathryn are coming tomorrow! yay :)

4 comments:

BecMama said...

Oh how I remember that. It's pretty amazing to have people smile and look at you while the packed bus is moving...and they don't budge. I did feel it got a little better towards the end when I was huge! Stay strong mama, you're little Quin will grow up sweet and strong like his daddy.

Portia said...

I'm totally with you on this!

SO EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!

Amy D said...

Man, doesn't that just hack you off? I don't know how many times Troy gave his seat to ladies on the T.
I remember one time he got up for the elderly African American woman and she sat down next to me and started preaching the gospel to me, loudly, so all the train could hear. It was awesome. :)
Those people on the train must not remember the story of the girl who gave birth while standing on a Red Line train a few years ago. I'm sure they'd rather give a seat up than see that.

Kim for the Kings said...

Wow! That's awful! I guess I don't ride the T enough to experience that, but it would definitely warrant some blog-worthy venting for me as well!