06 July 2009

We had another great 4th of July in Boston! I had to work this weekend, so John, Bella, Scott, Alexis, Leila, and their friends who were visiting from Texas went down to the river early to save us a spot. It was the perfect spot! It was on the riverbank right in front of the barge where they shoot off the fireworks and right next to a speaker where they play the Boston Pops show and the music for the fireworks. I walked over to the river after work since MGH is so close and we had a picnic dinner and played games until the show started. And as always, it was amazing! Neil Diamond was there to sing Sweet Caroline and I think all 1/2 million people were standing and singing at the top of their lungs along with the song. Then there was the jet fly-over, the patriotic sing-along, and of course the fireworks. Here are 3 not-so-good pictures from the night, but we didn't take many pictures this year, so you're stuck with these!

Our little family waiting for the fireworks to start. I know John's not looking at the camera, but it was the only picture of the 3 of us.


Leila and Bella snuggling after being totally freaked out by the first few fireworks.


Bella and I with the fireworks right above our heads! It was awesome!

3 comments:

Amy D said...

Well that Sweet Caroline experience is one you will never forget! How cool is that!

phuong said...

How AWESOME! Sounds like a perfect July 4th! Sweet Caroline must have been amazing.

Portia said...

OK, so this is cool and all, and I know it was fun, etc., etc., but Bella looks FREAKED OUT in that last picture!! :)