09 May 2010

Mother's Day

Today was a special day! Not only was it my first Mother's Day, but we also dedicated Quinn at church today. Curtis joked that our church might have taken God's command to "be fruitful and multiply" a little too seriously! Look at all of the new babies in our {quite small} church:

our little family
with curtis after church
"As parents, we commit to care for and raise our children in a God-honoring way so that they will be consistently exposed to the gospel of Jesus Christ with the hope that one day they will come to know the great salvation that God has provided. We commit to do this by:
  • Praying for our child daily
  • Consistently teaching our children the Bible and about Jesus Christ and the glorious grace of God
  • Being deeply committed to a local church
  • Modeling a Christ-like life at work, in the home, in our marriage, and as parents."

We repeated these words today during the baby dedication at church and are committed to taking them seriously as we raise Quinn.

After church, John had to drive down to the Cape for a soccer game, so Quinn and I had a relaxing afternoon at home. Unfortunately, my first Mother's Day is also coinciding with Quinn's first cold (which he caught from me...what a mean mommy!) so he was happy to take a nice, long nap this afternoon and I was happy to join him :). Bella didn't argue with the afternoon nap, either! When John got home, he took me to dinner and then we came home in time to give Quinn a bath before bedtime.

I had a great day and am so happy to be this sweet boy's mommy!


2 comments:

Amy D said...

precious mama and precious baby boy.

phuong said...

I was watching the dedication video and counting all the boys there! Incredible! Yea for such a fun day!

I am so impressed with what you quoted from church. Wish I had been far enough in my walk with Christ to know that when I had Michael!